Photo by author
- Toast your bread on both sides. You can do this in a toaster oven but we recommend toasting it under your broiler with a drizzle of olive oil. (Keep an eye on it, bread burns quickly!)
- Leave your toasted bread to the side and in a pan on a low heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the garlic and onions mixture and cook for about 10 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now to start assembling the mushroom bruschetta. Take your toasted bread and spread a dollop of cream cheese on each slice.
- Spoon the desired amount of mushroom mixture on top of the cream cheese and top with a pinch fresh chopped parsley for a pop of freshness.